Friday, July 24, 2009

Vote Old School

Voting for the ENnie Awards starts today and continues until August 1st. Normally, this would mean very little to me, since I'm as skeptical of fan awards as I am of industry-based ones, but, dyed-in-the-wool hypocrite that I am, I'm making an exception this year. Mythmere Games's Swords & Wizardry has been nominated for "Best Free Product," one of only two products in the category that I think, in my highly biased opinion, abides by its spirit. I'd like to urge everyone who feels the same way to cast a vote for S&W by following this link. I don't expect it to win, but stranger things have happened and, by some stretch it should take the prize, that'd be a remarkable achievement, not just for Swords & Wizardry but for the entire old school movement.

There's also a category "Best Publisher" and both Goblinoid Games and Mythmere Games have been nominated. Since you can vote for up to 20, if you do vote, make sure to cast votes for both these companies, who've done a great deal for the old school renaissance over the last couple of years. We owe them both a debt of thanks for what they've done thus far. Again, I don't expect either one to win, but I'd hate for that to be for lack of trying on our part. So, if you're so inclined, please go vote. I don't normally participate in the ENnies as a voter; I made an exception this year. Perhaps you should too.

7 comments:

  1. THIS IS A VERY COMPELL ARGUMINT- WE CANN NOT WIN BY VOTING SO PLEASEV OTE!!!!!!!!!! (IWILL STILL VOTE ANYWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a chance of winning given that the Green Ronin and the White Wolf quickstarts will be splitting a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted today, and I gave my love to Mythmere as well as Swords & Wizardry (along with other Old School outlets).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted. And it doesn't seem like you have to register your name or email or anything to vote, so I imagine you can vote more than once. I shall vote again from my home computer! With my powers combined...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trial and Terror SVU is the hot hotness. It and Swords & Wizardry got my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted. Don't forget Expeditious Retreat Press in the best publisher category. They pretty much are the only ones consistently and reliably printing OSRIC material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for just about every small publisher I could! I'm not against the big dogs, but this is the time for independents to really shine and show their commitment to the retro-clone movement.

    It doesn't matter if the smaller outfits win--that they garner a bigger stake in the hobby that their precursors founded is evidence enough to validate the renaissance.

    ReplyDelete